Students must maintain high standards and be rigorous.
- Who gets to determine what those standards are and how do they do it?
- Maintaining high standards results in gate-keeping. Who are they gate keepers? Who and what gets left out when they decide standards aren’t met?
- Maintaining high standards is often achieved by critically trashing and dismissing others’ work….public shaming and ridiculing.
- How do standards change?
- What are/should the standards be?
- We should spend less time protecting the sacred values of an education and more time practicing them!
- How do the call for high standards exclude important work? Take away our passion for engaging?
Continue Reading Toxic Value 3